Meet Your Neighbour

Rather than some lame excuses about why Scarlet Pyjamas has been sans content lately, I thought I'd show you all. All over Christmas (no rest for the wicked!) and up until last week, I've been working with Sunderland Winter Gardens on their latest community exhibition - Meet Your Neighbour.

The outreach team from the museum have been working with the International Community Organisation of Sunderland to illustrate the experiences of the Polish community in the North East.

To complement the group's writing, I provided illustrations and layouts (as well as an identity for the exhibition over all) - based on the traditional Polish style of paper cutting 
Wycinanki - representing their lives and experiences in the region. 




(Apologies for the debris in this one, I was dodging the fitters trying to take pics!)




I'm thrilled to bits with how it's turned out and can't wait to try my hand at another project like it!


If you'd like to see it in real life, the exhibition is in the Open Space until the 25th February.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!