Becoming Mary




A couple of weeks ago, my friends and I boarded the Eurostar for Paris to celebrate the imminent wedding of our dear friend Amy. However, this was no ordinary 'hen do'. Oh no. On this occasion, we had packed our bags for a weekend of wholesome fun at Disneyland.


Before we got there, our bride-to-be had one request. For the duration of our journey, we were to be in full costume - the Disney character of our choice. For me this was a tough choice, being a total Disney geek and all. After much deliberating, I plumped for everyone's favourite Edwardian nanny - Mary Poppins.

After a great number of hours trawling the internets, I couldn't really find a good Poppins costume - so I set about putting one together myself. Turns out it was harder than I had expected, so I called in my crack team of experts aka my parents!

Together we pulled this little number together - whaddya think?



I was really pleased with how it all turned out! It was funny, in full costume, you couldn't help standing up straight and taking on some of that Julie Andrews character! All those drama classes I took as a child but must have rubbed off on me...



On the day, the costume ended up winning me this adorable prize - thanks guys!


We did get a few raised eyebrows as we skittered around St Pancras Station in our finery, ready to board the Eurostar to Paris.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!