Sunday Afternoon Movie: Moonrise Kingdom

A couple of weeks ago, J and I went on a cinema date to our local indie picture house (Tyneside Cinema) to see the latest Wes Anderson flick - Moonrise Kingdom. Have you seen it yet?



Anderson's films, admittedly, can be a bit of an acquired taste - but fortunately it is a taste we have acquired, we loved it! All of the kitschy charm of his previous movies but with much more peril and drama than before. Plus it features Jason Schwartzman and anything he stars in is just fine with me!


As an added treat, the designer in me had a field day geeking out over the film's use of typography. The start and end credits featured a beautiful custom script font by one of my all time favourite type designers Jessica Hische. Her site informs me that the font will be available to buy one year after the film's release - am pencilling that one in my diary right now!



Beautiful film, beautiful font!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!