Dia de los Muertos Sugar Stitches

Remember a couple of posts ago when I said I had a bunch of exciting things in the pipeline? Well here's one of them!

A while back, I was browsing Etsy looking for cross stitch patterns but couldn't find one that was 'just right'. Don't get me wrong, there are some supremely talented pattern artists out there but I was after something really specific. A tattoo/sugar skull/medium sized/black fabric pattern. See? Pretty damn specific. So I made one myself! And here it is!


For my first foray into cross stitch pattern design I'm pretty pleased with it! Also, I'm really glad I chose black aida, I think it makes the colours look super zingy. I've included a couple of work in progress pics so you can see how it all came together. I worked on it in a large quilting hoop so that I could get the full design in all at once. To be honest, I was tempted to hang it in the hoop, but sadly it was needed for future projects...



I confess, I've only included this one because I was proud of how tidy the back was. The back of my sewing work is NEVER this tidy!


The most exciting thing, for me, about this project is that the pattern is for sale on the Scarlet Pyjamas Etsy store (or you can order a finished piece if you're not a stitcher yourself). If you do make one for yourself, I'd love to see a picture! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!