Recipe: Two Ingredient Coconut Ice Cream

For the past few weeks, we've actually experienced sunshine in the North East. Actual, for real, warm sunny sunshine. And it has put me in the mood for ice cream.

A few years ago, after a particularly bad day at the office, I bought an ice cream maker. At the time, it was the most logical thing I could think of to cheer me up. And do you know, it worked! Ever since, I've had all kinds of fun creating my own ice cream recipes.


Today, I want to share with you one of this summer's favourites - coconut ice cream. Don't worry if you don't have an ice cream maker - you can still make your own frozen treats, you'll just need do a little more stirring.

You will need:
2 x 400g cans of coconut milk
1 x 397g can of condensed milk
(you could also add some dessicated coconut if you wanted a little 'bite')

1. Mix all your canned ingredients together in a large bowl or jug and give them a good stir.

2. Place the milk mix in the fridge for around an hour until it's nice and cold.

3. Pour into your ice cream maker and churn according to the instructions. If you're churning by hand, pour the chilled milk mix into a container with a lid, then place it in the freezer. Stir every 20 minutes for 3-4 hours to prevent ice crystals forming.

4. Bon appetit - enjoy!

And while you eat it, I'm going to have to insist that you watch this...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!