My Top Ten Awesome Things to Do on the Internet (now your tax return is done)



If you're a self-employed type here in the UK, January brings a special kind of dread. For 'tis the season of the tax return.

It's a bleak time. One where many of us will procrastinate like absolute pros to avoid thinking of the dreaded task. Today, however, is the deadline. Whilst I would never encourage you to dilly dally when it comes to settling up with HM's R&C, I have compiled an awesome list of super fun shenanigans for you to binge on once you're free from self-assessment's icy clutches. Go on. Fill yer boots.




1. The Benedict Cumberbatch Name Generator

Quite literally hours of fun.



2. Find out how much life on Earth has changed since you were born

Stats nerd like me will love this. The BBC's service works with your date of birth to tell you how far through the galaxy you've travelled and what species have been discovered (or lost) in your lifetime - plus so much more that you didn't know you needed to know!



3. Watch The Ultimate Showdown (of Ultimate Destiny)

If you're not singing this for the rest of the day, I'll eat my hat (which I knitted whilst avoiding my tax return...)



4. Read an awesome magazine for women, by women

OK this one is a bit of a shameless plug, but if I can't do that on my own blog where can I? Some of you may know that by day I'm a designer/illustrator. One of my latest gigs is as a regular illustrator over at Standard Issue magazine. I love it and I love them - and I have a feeling you will too!



5. Relive your misspent youth with Strongbad

If you were a noughties teen (I know, I know, I hate that phrase too - if anyone has a better way of putting it do let me know), you'll know Strongbad. If you weren't, educate yourself.




6. Take a class, learn a thing!

I bloody love Skillshare. It speaks to both the geeky school kid in me who took extra classes (oh yeah, I was cool) and my curious (read nosy) side that wants to peer over people's shoulders and get the skinny on their process. And what posters they have up in their studios. I'm just starting out with Jessica Hische's lettering class and it looks amazing.




7. Find out where Beyoncé gets her ideas from!

Did you guys know that the infamous 'Single Ladies' dance was actually directly inspired by a Bob Fosse choreographed piece from the '60s? No? Me neither. Jaw on floor.



8. Take a lesson in pronunciation

Hilarious. But now I've forgotten how to pronounce it properly...



9. Take this quiz to find out which element you'd bend if you lived in Avatar: The Last Airbender

It's certainly solved some debates in this house. I still regret never dressing Milo up as Aang whilst he was still a baldy baby. C'est la vie.



10. Stop a song from being forgotten

4 million songs unlistened to! That's insanity. Let's spread the love a little.


What's your number one internet time waster? Come on, we've all got one!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!